Owning a dog might seem to be an easy task to say aloud, but there are many things to understand and bring about to make it a beautiful experience. Dogs are amazing pets that are supportive and loving. You want your dog to be happy. Right?
To ensure that the basic requirements regarding food, shelter, training etc., are to be considered seriously. There are accessories to facilitate these. It is always important to choose the right accessories for your dog to ensure their safety and happiness. Now let us get to know the must-have dog accessories to ensure that both you and your pet have a good time.
A leash is an accessory that is used to attach to the collar or harnesses of the dog to help the owner have better control over their pet. Moreover, these are used mostly during the training to help with behavioral training.
Leashes ensure the safety of your dog while in public places so that they don’t get lost. There are various kinds of leashes available. Different dogs have different structures and requirements, and henceforth, it’s important to choose a leash that best suits your pet. Some of the varieties include:
- Standard leash – made of nylon or leather
- Retractable leash – it allows for varying the length of leash hence gives freedom of movement.
- Chain leash - made of metal
- Martingale leash – Useful during training
- Multi-dog leash – single leash with multiple clips, used to walk more than one dog.
- Seat belt leash – for car rides, can get attached to the car seatbelt.
These are accessories that are usually put around the neck of the collar, mostly for attaching a tag or leash. A collar ensures that your dog can be easily identified even if they are lost, and also medical information is also placed in the collar to help keep track of the pet’s health requirements. There are a wide variety of collars available with a different purpose. Let’s get to know some.
- Chain slip collar – also called choke chain and are used for training purposes only.
- Smart collar – it is a hi-tech collar with a GPS attached to track the dog’s movement.
- Harness – it is placed around the dog’s chest and abdomen, crossing over the back.
- Plaid collars – As the name suggests plaid collar comes in plaid pattern and usually available in different materials based on the purpose to serve. (Decorative, occasions, competitions, casuals)
- Show collars – made out of braided material like leather, nylon, or metal
- Headcollar – it is like a horse’s halter and slips over the dog’s snout
Food and water bowls
Food bowls are an accessory, which helps the dogs have their food in a more organized way. Moreover, it’s important to choose the right food and water bowls for your dog. There are many different kinds of materials used for making food bowls. Ensure to choose which best suits your dog to have a comfortable mealtime. Different types of bowls are used for different purposes.
- Like a slow feed, a bowl is used for dogs who eat faster and wolf down the food without chewing it.
- Portable bowls are used by families who go for hikes and want their dogs to come with them.
- For a large dog, parents can buy a raised dog bowl that is more comfortable for eating.
- Automatic dog bowls have a programmable electrical switch that releases food for the dog at a button press.
A night of good sleep is an important aspect of living, and your pets deserve to have a good peaceful sleep. Dog beds ensure this. It is that one dedicated area in the house where the dog can sleep or relax. Dogs have a sleeping pattern like humans. They dream, have a sleep cycle and have four different sleeping positions. Here are some ideas for the perfect doggy bed
- Memory foam dog beds – they are perfect for older dogs and are popular with most pet parents.
- Orthopedic dog bed – This one is more often used for older dogs, especially ones suffering from muscle or hip problems.
- Pet Sofa dog bed – This is a highly comfortable option for parents who do not want their dogs on the sofa used by humans
- Donut-styled bed- They are inexpensive and comfortable for a young dog.
- Pillow dog bed – It is a simple dog bed style and is very comfortable for dogs.
All dogs love their toys, especially puppies who love to chew on things. When they are teething, they can chew on anything to get some relief from the itching. Chew toys also ensure that the dogs do not chomp on any other products in the house and avoid unwanted medical emergencies. These chew toys come in a variety of shapes like sticks, ropes, bones, animal shapes, rings, and others.
There is an important accessory to have. Dog owners can have two types of tags. One is metal with the parent’s contact details and the dog’s name embossed on it, and the other could be a microchip with a GPS tracker.
All dogs need to be groomed, and some tools are the best suit for different breeds of dogs. A pet parent can buy grooming items like a brush, comb, conditioning spray, ear cleaning solutions, and nail clippers as per their dog’s breed.
Dogs love to be treated when they do a task well or for good behavior. These treats act as an excellent training tool too. Having some at home can help the owners to bond with their pets.
Puppy pee Pads
These pads are quite essential for puppies who are yet to be potty trained. It helps to keep the dog’s area and the owner’s home clean. The pads contain and absorb moisture better than traditional towels.
Paw wipes or coat wipes
In case the parents do not have the time to bathe their dogs, these wipes come in handy. When the dog has gone to the park, beach, or hike, these wipes are a better option to clean the dog thoroughly before coming home. They help in removing allergens, dirt, and any stinky smell.
Accessories are essential components of pet care. Some are used for training and a few for grooming. These help the owners to keep their pets safe and clean. Moreover, having the right accessories can help you experience the best time with your pet without much worry. Though accessories are important, it’s also good to understand the requirements of your dog before selecting any. In case you feel confused, it’s always good to seek help to make better choices.